Shop with me!

Shop with me!
Click to visit my store

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Seasonal Cards

The title of my post is because I expect there to be lots of post of other Christmas cards I make and I don't want the title "Christmas Cards" to be over used ;)
While these are both indeed Christmas cards, I think they could also be used for other occasions by adding the appropriate sentiment.

For both of these cards I used the same basic supplies, I just changed a couple of things.
The stamped image is the Unity Itty Bitty Songbird stamp. The textured background was made using a Tim Holtz wood grain embossing folder (which works perfectly in my Cuttlebug) I further enhanced the texture with some distress inks. The background paper/card base is the DCWV Handmade Christmas Stack.
To stamp my images I used Stazon (in timber brown and blazing red) I prefer Stazon when needing a clean crisp image and because Unity stamps have such amazing detail I wanted it all to show. The flower and leaf on the second card are both Prima, I just added a little bit of red glitter to the flower to make it a bit more festive.
Thanks for stopping by today.


flowerdisco said...

hello my friend........

marvelous is beautiful. tfs.

Marlene said...

Very pretty! LOVE LOVE LOVE the embossing! That wood looks so real!