October 23, 2012

Love is the Beauty of the Soul - Canvas

Hi fellow crafters! I hope you are all having more sun in your area than we are here. It has been raining since last night with very few breaks. It's Emily, and  I have a canvas to share with you that I finished up just last night. I was wanting to take the photos earlier, but had to wait for a break in the rain. I finally got it! Hooray! 

I'm still working with my Prima Firefly Collection from the store and CHA Summer, that I absolutely adore!! I feel like I really got my money's worth out of this collection! It really makes me think of paintings when I look at the papers. 
Here is the canvas I have been working on. I wanted to have the painted on feel. The entire background of the canvas is covered in the Firefly papers. I added my own painting with mists, paints, acrylics and modeling paste to blend them together. 


Now I just need to figure out where in the house to hang it. Or who to gift it to! :) 

One of the papers I used for the background had that beautiful rose on it that you see in the bottom right hand corner. I did NOT want to lose it in the piece, so I used acrylics, paste and mists to give it more depth. 


Your Memories Here Supplies Used:

Additional Supplies:
Glimmer Screens: Fanciful Stencils
Glimmer Mist: Grape Ape Chalkboard
Liquitex Modeling Paste
Ranger Alcohol Ink
StazOn Ink
Creative Inspirations Paint
Shimmerz Paint
Acrylic Paint
Sketch pen
Tissue Paper

I hope you have enjoyed my canvas, and get some inspiration from it for the rest of your week. Have a fantastic day and rest of your week!