October 19, 2012

Mixed Media Album Kit - Live With Prima


Hi YMH fans!  Dana here today sharing one of my new favorite projects. I purchased a Live With Prima Mixed Media Album Kit from Your Memories Here and had a lot of fun altering the front and back covers!  Jamie Dougherty leads the class and does a fabulous job helping me to create my beautiful mixed media masterpiece using art mediums, resins, flowers and resist canvas shapes! This album contains 50 pages of kraft cardstock with leather binding, a bronze knob, printed canvas cover and cream twined rope.


The gorgeous heart with wings resin pieces, the large pink Bravo flowers and the wood envelope are some of my favorite embellishments and they are all included in this kit!


I embellished the back cover with modeling paste, gesso, paint, ink and a Prima stencil.  Once that was dry I covered both the back and front covers with a light coat of Tattered Angels Mist in Iridescent Gold to add a subtle shimmer.

If you're looking for a special album for yourself or a gift, visit the Live With Prima section of the Your Memories Here Store.  The kits have been restocked and are priced to sell! I have a lot of embellishments left over that I will be able to use on the pages of this album or on other projects.  I completed altering the covers of this album in about 30 minutes, so if you don't have the time to travel for a scrapbook class, the Live With Prima series is a wonderful alternative. Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies: Album Kit: Prima; Distress Ink: Ranger; Mist: Tattered Angels; Modeling Paste: Blick; Gesso: Golden; Paint: Ranger, Martha Stewart, Creative Imaginations; Stencil: Prima