September 16, 2009

Bubbles Page

Here's a layout I did last week. The photos have been sitting in my scrap room for over a year waiting to become a page. A cut from the new Every Day Paper Dolls got the ball rolling on this layout.

I cut the bubbles behind the title with the EDPD cartridge on my Cricut. I also cut the word "Bubbles" using SCAL and my Cricut. I used vellum for the bubbles (which you need a good sharp blade to keep it from tearing) and then colored the bubbles with Pebbles Pearlescent Shimmer chalk to give it that iridescent look that soap bubbles have. I also chalked the photo mats for the same color effect. I used assorted dew drops (orchid, lily pad, island blossom) for the little bubbles. I usually glue my dew drops on with Aleen's tacky glue because it holds good and dries completely clear. When I don't have time to wait for glue to dry (you know those last minute cards) I use glue dots to adhere them. On the unmatted photo, I attached a clip that says "cherish" from my ATB clips and clipper inspirational words set. You can catch all the details of this page by visiting my blog and you can get the dew drops, chalk sets and ATB clip and clippers in my store Your Memories Here.com