December 29, 2010

Making Time for Crafts

Hi all! Just stopping by to share a project, we'll be resuming normal daily posting after the new year.
I'm enjoying a nice break from the regular day to day life stuff. My hubby has some time off work so he's sharing the "home" duties. That has given me a chance to get in my studio and play with some items I've had on hand, but haven't gotten around to using yet.
I was chatting with the girls during last nights Live with Prima class and Tim Holtz Rock Candy Crackle paint came up in the topic. I had bought a jar of it some time ago but never tried it out and really wasn't sure what to do with it. Well Cari and the other ladies said I really must give it a try so I promised that I would play with it today.
So I decided to start a mini album just so I could use the product. This is the cover of the album. I used some of my most favorite (and hoarded) Prima products on here. The paper is from the Pastiche collection- it's called Quirky. The flowers are Prima mini roses and fairy tale roses (which started out white and I colored them to match my project) and a Prima Lilliput rose (in yellow, but looks more like a cream). I also used some rose leaves as a foundation for the flowers. The lace trim across the bottom is from Prima too. It is also a creamy white and I colored it with antique linen and tea dye distress inks to get the desired color for my page. The magnifying glass is a Tattered Angels nature glimmer chip.It has an embossed design on it and I sprayed it with glimmer mist for color and shine.

For the "glass" of the magnifying glass, I used the rock candy crackle paint and then when it cracked and dried, I rubbed some broken china distress ink into the cracks for more definition.

I'm not sure what this mini album is going to be for yet, but I think it's off to a lovely start.
I hope I've convinced you to use some of those cherished supplies you've been hoarding and turn them into something even more beautiful.