December 14, 2010

Silhouette Song Bird Card

Here are a couple of seasonal cards I'd like to share with you today.
While these are both indeed Christmas cards, I think they could also be used for other occasions by adding the appropriate sentiment.

For both of these cards I used the same basic supplies, I just changed a couple of things.
The stamped image is the Unity Itty Bitty Songbird stamp. The textured background was made using a Tim Holtz wood grain embossing folder (which works perfectly in my Cuttlebug) I further enhanced the texture with some distress inks. The background paper/card base is the DCWV Handmade Christmas Stack.
To stamp my images I used Stazon (in timber brown and blazing red) I prefer Stazon when needing a clean crisp image and because Unity stamps have such amazing detail I wanted it all to show. The flower and leaf on the second card are both Prima, I just added a little bit of red glitter to the flower to make it a bit more festive.
Thanks for stopping by today.