August 2, 2016

Basically Fabulous

Today I'm sharing a card I created with the Uptown fundamentals from the Basics collection. But these papers are so much more than just basics.
Uptown Fundamentals Z3263
The black and white (and grey and white reverse side) patterns are neutral yet bold. The vellum and gold foil are great accents that go with any color palette. 


For my card I paired the black and white paper with gold foil, which I cut into a star banner with my Cricut, and sea glass cardstock. I used white embossing powder so the "Birthday Wishes" sentiment would show up on the black paper. And for more sparkle and glitz I added a strip of sea glass glitter paper and gold shimmer trim. My daughter said it looks like a night sky party! 

Card Recipe:

  • Uptown Fundamentals Z3263
  • Sea Glass cardstock X5789
  • Birthday Sparkles stamp set  B1537
  • Sea glass Glitter paper Z3240
  • Gold Shimmer Trim Z1985
  • White Embossing powder Z2068
  • VersaMark ink pad Z891
  • Cricut Flower Market collection Z3285


During the month of August you can get the Uptown Basics fundamentals for FREE!
With Basically the Best, when you order our Whimsy, Adventure, and Enchantment Fundamental papers, you can choose to get either the Rustic Home or Uptown Fundamentals for FREE! Both of these Basics packets feature foil designs and specialty materials for making your artwork unique. Yep, this deal is basically the best!