August 9, 2016

Purrfect Models

My kids are off staying with my parents for their last week of summer break. What have I been doing while they're gone? NOTHING!!! OK not completely nothing, but none of my "mom" duties.
I did take some time yesterday to scrapbook. The August Stamp of the Month inspired me to create a layout with my favorite subject to photograph, my cats.


I may have been called a crazy cat lady once or twice. I don't think I'm obsessed, I just love my pets. They have their own personalities that make them endearing. I could go on and on about Walter and Mojito, but that might support the notion of how cat crazy I am ;) If you would like to learn more about these two, they have their own Instagram account @a_mojito_for_walter
So let's take a closer look at these pages:
 The title is stamped with the August SOTM Purr-fect Halloween and Typography alphabet, for Lady.
Close to my Heart has some really great alphabet stamp sets that are perfect for spelling out page titles.
The cats are also from the August SOTM set and I colored them to resemble my cats using watercolor paints and waterbrush. I have to admit, I wasn't a fan of watercolor painting at first, I preferred to use markers. But when I started using the paints with the waterbrushes it became so much more fun. The brushes give you the ability to add more water as needed and its a more controlled application. *Remember if you are stamping images to watercolor to use the Archival Black ink as the pigment and dye inks are water soluble*

Also I'm loving the CTMH color of the year Sea Glass and how it pairs beautifully with the Basics Fundamentals collections.

Layout Recipe:

  • Rustic Home basics fundamentals Z3262
  • Uptown basics fundamentals Z3263
  • Sea Glass cardstock X5789
  • Purr-fect Halloween August SOTM S1608
  • All Together compliments Z3267
  • Sea Glass glitter paper Z3240
  • Whisper cardstock X5929
  • Watercolor paints Z3132
  • Waterbrush small round Z3224
  • White Shimmer Trim Z3024
  • Archival Black ink 44751
  • Whisper ink Z2172
Because the Basics Fundamentals are so great, wouldn't it be even better to get them for FREE?!
Right now you can with the 'Basically the Best' promotion.
During the month of August, when you order our Whimsy, Adventure, and Enchantment Fundamental papers, you can choose to get either the Rustic Home or Uptown Fundamentals for FREE! Both of these Basics packets feature foil designs and specialty materials for making your artwork unique. Yep, this deal is basically the best!