June 15, 2010

Girlie Card Fun

I truly am a girlie girl. I love all things girlie. Pink, flowers, polka dots, lace and ribbon, and anything glittery. That is one of the reasons I was so thrilled to be asked to be a guest designer for Your Memories Here this month. And how fortunate I was that I have so many of my favorites to play with this week.

I started with a simple white card with a cut edge. I used a die, but you could easily use a punch, shaped scissors, or free hand a shape. I turned a scrap of paper from an earlier layout into a spiral flower. I added a pearl to the center of the flower for interest. If you are not familiar with making these flowers you can find directions here. I used a bit of Glimmer Mist to color the ribbon to match the card. It is a very simple process. I spritzed some mist onto my craft mat and rubbed the ribbon around until I got the desired color. A mini coral rose, a stitched sentiment, and my congratulations card was ready to mail.
I also needed a gift card holder for a friend who has really helped me out these past few weeks. I decided a little purse card would be just the perfect shape. More of the beautiful, glittery Mimosa papers from SEI were cut to form the purse. Another mini rose, and a handle made with the beautiful Prima trim finished the card nicely. Inside is a little pocket made from a scrap that easily houses a gift card. What could be more girlie than that? hee hee

Hope you have some fun today.

Nancy