October 2, 2010

Fly Home

So my week was rough at work and while I have been dealing with that my DH's uncle passed away and we have his funeral tiday. He had been fighting cancer for a year and is now at peace and home with our Father. I thought about taking today off, but DH said that I really shouldn't since this is my stress release and he thinks I needed. I kept the cards rather simple as I couldn't focus as much. The designer paper I used on both cards can be bought at Your Memories Here. Lots of Glimmer Mist was used on the cards (and can be bought at YMH). I used some Tattered Angles Glimmer Mist to cover the chipbard pieces that the butterflies are sitting on as well as on the blue embossed cardstock to give it a subtle sparkle. I colored the butterflies with my copics and cut them out. I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder foudn at YMH for the blue cardstock to add some texture and then lightly sponged along the side with white ink. I wish I had more to say but I'm drained honestly.