October 15, 2010

Surprise Box

Happy Friday!
Today, I wanted to share a little something I made for a friend's daughter. Hannah started Kindergarten this year & has been having a hard time adjusting to life as a kindergartener. I thought about making this little surprise/treat box for when she has good days at school. Her teacher created a behavior chart to let her mom know about Hannah's day at school and when she has a day with 3 stars, she can pull out a treat from this box.
Here it is:
So, if Hannah has a good day, she gets to put her hand into the hole at the top & pull out a treat.
 Here's how I made it:
1) Start with an empty tissue box. The opening is a perfect size for little hands to reach in & grab a treat!


 2) Cover the box with cardstock. I used my largest oval Nesties to create the opening:

 Adhere the top piece on. Notice that it wasn't exactly a perfect match :(

So I punched out a few flowers to hide that slight imperfection & embellish the top of the box :)  Ahhhhh, and all is well in the world once again!

 Now to add some fun pattern paper to all 4 sides. This is Oopsie Daisy from Imaginisce.

Then I just added an accordian fold strip to the left over piece I cut out with my oval Nesties & popped up "You Did It!" I cut that out on my Cricut at 5" with the Wild Card Cart. I dotted the "i's" with some Prima crystals.

 and that's it! A fun & easy little treat box to reward a good day at school.
Here's the finished box one more time:
Thanks so much for peeking! All the supplies for this quick little project can be found at the YMH store---> HERE.

See ya soon!