December 1, 2011

Wow it's really December already? Yep it snuck up on me. I knew it was coming, I even made plans for it but just saying it - admitting it's here makes me feel like there is so much to do in soooo little time.
The one thing I have been looking forward to for the first day of December is Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas.

Even if you aren't into that style (distressed grunge) you can still find some ideas and inspiration in his tags - not to mention great tips and techniques that you can apply to you own projects.
Since this is kind of an impromptu post for me (I'm filling in for Cassie) I didn't prepare a project for you. But that doesn't mean I don't have something to share :)

I created this tag over the weekend. I plan on making more, similar ones with my daughters to put on Christmas gifts.
For the base I used kraft card stock and stamped script all over it with a background stamp and some dark brown ink. The rest of the papers are from last years DCWV "Handmade Christmas" stack. The little bird is from the Tim Holtz Bird and Cage Sizzix die. I made the rosette and adorned it with a couple of buttons from my stash. All the edges are inked up with Distress ink in Scattered Twigs ( I just might like that color better than Vintage Photo!) All of these elements are held together good and strong with Helmar 450 Quick Dry.

My friend Cari has been making some gorgeous tags (and I'm so going to be using her ideas too) She's even going to be teaching them on a Live with Prima Class next week!  So are you going to make some tags too?