September 7, 2013

~ Make Waves ~

Good Morning friends. Ahhh....another Saturday. Time to relax, catch up and create. I stopped to think about "what do I want to create this week for the Your Memories Here Design Team blog. 
I wanted to do something different, using some fun crafty supplies with a nautical theme. So I pulled out my Nantucket chipboard set from Pink Paislee and decided to create a tag. I wanted to do a collage with a theme as well. When I saw the "make waves" sentiment, I knew what I wanted to do. You know, sometimes in life, we need to "make waves" in order to bring about change in our lives. So this tag represents encouragement to step our of our comfort zones occasionally, fight for something that is endearing to us and make it happen. Now to create this tag, I used some Faber-Castell gelatos in gold, silver, green and orange to create the background. I used a Prima hexagon/chicken wire stamp to add a "fish scale" type texture. Then distressed it with some Ranger walnut distress stain ink pad and marker on the chipboard pieces as well as the tag. The arrow is tinted with the Faber-Castell gelatos as well. It's a wood piece from the Nantucket wood shape collection.
I hope you feel encouraged too and I appreciate your visit today. Have a great weekend and  a blessed week ahead!