June 3, 2012

Almanac Canvas

Evening Bloggers,

I do apologize for being late in my post this week...but life is extremely hectic here at present.  I did manage to find some crafty time to play with a 6x6 canvas using the gorgeous Almanac collection.  I have to say this collection would have to be my all time favourite Prima paper collection!  Broad statement but a very true one!

 Anyway...onto the project.  I used a 6x6 canvas that was in my stash...I darkened the edges of the canvas using one of my Pan Pastels from my stash...I am loving the effect and versatility of these!  I then cut out a mannequin shape using Grungeboard and covered it with one of the papers from the Almanac Collection. I inked the edges with Tattered Rose Distress Ink and set about covering her in strips of the Black Lace from the Almanac Collection.  The gems for the detail work are from my stash.
 

I then had the tough choice of which papers to use as the background and after much debate in my mind I made my final choices and then inked those as well in Tattered Rose Distress Ink.  I set about clustering flowers and leaves from both the Almanac Collection and other various fabulous Prima flowers and leaves (loving the greys and blacks in the felt!!)

The overall effect is very girly with a touch of the dramatic with the mannequin and the greys and blacks.  This will go next to the one I did using the Natures Garden collection last time.

I hope you like my mini canvas...and the gorgeous Prima product that is used on it.  Til next week....