January 29, 2012

A Cute Little Stool

Good Afternoon Blogland!

Today I am bringing you a cute little wooden stool that I I decided to alter.  I found this stool in Hobby Lobby after I dragged my husband there as payback for taking me to my first ever gun show!  I was wandering the aisles while we talked about life,guns and crafts and as I rounded the end of the aisle I saw the stool and the idea formed in my head.  I wanted to make sure I could get the supplies I would need so we walked a few aisles over and grabbed them.

 Now I have used lots and lots of products from Your Memories Here  There is also lots and lots of Prima Flowers and ribbon as well.
I started off by painting the entire stool with a Folk Art Seamist paint.  It matched beautifully with the Bo Bunny papers I had in my stash. I used a Tim Holtz stamp along the edges of the paper for the base of the stool and used my embossing pad so that I could highlight the stamping using Ranger Perfect Pearls. I love the slight shimmer they give to a project. Now anyone who knows me well knows I am so not a fan of embossing stamping or any of that stuff but I think it could grow on me...but shhhhh ok!  I broke out my Big Shot and used my gorgeous Tim Holtz birdcage die and got busy cutting. There was this amazing woman who had made a 3dimensional birdcage from this die and I saw it on Facebook a while ago (you can see her version HERE)...I knew one day I would make it and this week was my day. After I assembled the cage and got it inked with distress inks I topped it with some feathery Prima flowers.  Lots of hot glue and Glimmer Mist later...it was finished.  I have absolutely NO idea where I will put it but I love it all the same :)
 
That is all for me this week...I will be back next week with a project that my husband dared me to do...and no it is not another barn LOL!