January 8, 2012

A New Year...

 

Good Afternoon Blogland! I have been rather absent with the blog since just prior to Christmas. There was a lot going on in my personal life that kept me away as well as the Holiday season craziness. I am pleased that today I can share with you a couple of creations that I had done prior to Christmas but as they were gifts I could not share them until now.


I made these Welcome signs for my Mother in Law And Sister In Law for their Christmas gifts.  The three of us all enjoy various crafts and we enjoy giving hand made gifts for any and all occassions.  This one in particular is made with some Basic Grey papers from my stash that have been inked using Tim Holtz Peeled Paint and Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I used Prima Carlotta Blooms and gorgeous Prima vines that I had in my stash.

The alphas are wooden and I have hand painted them then covered them in a Liquitex Gold Ink to give the shimmer and aged feel I was looking for.  The butterflies are hand cut from a piece of Prima Paper

Overall I am thrilled with the end results and they were very well received.  
I hope you all had a wonderful Holiday break and got to catch up with loved ones.  We enjoyed our time with our family and some much needed R&R time here at home. 

I look forward to sharing another project with you next week...until then keep on smiling.