January 18, 2012

Mixed Media and Goosebumps


Hi everyone, Nancy here!  I hope where ever you are today you are warm and dry.  I know that many parts of the country are experiencing crazy weather.

I recently decided to start an art journal.  I began with a simple watercolor notebook I picked up at Michaels with my coupon.  I covered it with some scraps of older Prima watercolor papers that I colored with my Glimmer Mists and other Prima paper scraps.  I added bits of fussy cut butterflies, tons of rub ons, and a few pieces of chipboard.  Inks and paints blended it all together.  My Claudine Helmuth multi-medium keeps it all in one piece.
The first super fun technique I decided to try was using my Goosebumps Texture Spray from Tsukineko.  On the cover I used it as a resist.  This was so fun, and easy.
  After placing my papers I layered my mask and sprayed the texture spray.
I continued on with different paint mediums until I got the look I liked.  Sorry about the photo, but I forgot to take one before the whole cover was finished.  You know, once you get going.....
I found that the Goosebumps gave my paper a fun, waxy like appearance, so I tried just spraying this little card from my grab bag papers with it directly.
 And here my card is with the resist applied.
 On the first interior page I once again used the Goosebumps as a resist.
 The technique was the same as for the cover.
 I found I need to hold the mask down securely and to spray evenly if I want a nice resist.
Lucky for me I wasn't too worried.  hee hee
Well, I am sure there will be lots more to share in the coming weeks.  For now tho...my niece wants the computer and if you have ever had a two year old in the house...I am sure you understand why I need to go.

Stay warm and safe.

Hugs.

Nancy