July 20, 2012

Joy Mixed Media Album - Anna Dabrowska/Prima

Hi YMH fans!  Dana here today.  Last weekend I had the pleasure of taking Anna Dabrowska's Mixed Medium Album Class and I'm sharing my album cover and some of the pages today. This class was AMAZING.  Anna is such a sweetheart and I learned so much.  This was my first time working with the Prima Mixed Media Book Covers and Album, and I absolutely love them.
I had a lot of fun layering canvas letters, embellishments and an old guitar amp tube (courtesy of my husband) and topping that with a couple of layers of mist, glaze, gel medium and gesso for my album cover.
Here is the back of my album and a close-up of my embellishment cluster.
I created several album pages during the class.  I learned how to build layers using paper scraps, strips of fabric, gesso, mist and tea.
The patterned papers and embellishments are from the Prima Almanac collection.  The pinks and oranges are perfect for soft, romantic pages.  These two pages were built on cardstock and then glued to watercolor pages, both of which are included in the Prima album kit.
Once my background was built up, I added pieces of patterned paper, stickers, stamping and my photo.  The light brown drips, splashes and rings are from tea.
I built this page on a piece of the resist canvas.  This page was colored with a mix of mists and Distress Stains.
Thanks for visiting today! If you have any questions, either about Anna's class or my pages, please send me an e-mail at serordan (at) hotmail (dot) com, and I'd be happy to answer your questions.
Stop by again next Friday to see more pages from this album.  If you want to try creating your own mixed media album, stop by the Your Memories Here Store and pick up what you need. 


It's also time for Prima Pre-Orders!  If you have your eye on 1, or 7, of the new Prima collections, get your order in now for a significant savings.  Grab Bags are available again in 3 sizes.
Supplies: Mixed Media Book Cover: Prima; Mixed Media Album: Prima; Canvas: Prima; Patterned Paper: Prima; Flowers: Prima; Buttons: Prima; Ink: Ranger; Perfect Pearls Mist: Ranger; Distress Stain: Ranger; Gesso: Golden; Multi-Medium: Ranger; Heavy Gel Medium: Liquitex; Stamps: Girls' Paperie, Ranger, Prima; Silks Acrylic Glaze: LuminArte; Artist Pigments: LuminArte