March 13, 2010

Fast and Easy

I made this birthday card in just a couple of minutes.
I was packing up a batch of cookies to send off to a special birthday boy (OK really he's 82) when I realized I hadn't made him a card (I have a box of cards that I've previously made, but they are all feminine). So I scrambled to my scrap room, grabbed my Imaginisce Build-a-Card pad, selected the card stock you see here (cuz it's a cheery, colorful, birthday kind of pattern) adhered the American Crafts "happy birthday" ribbon, then picked out a stamped image that I had laying around, already colored, and found a sentiment stamp that coordinated with it. I stamped it, then inked the edges, adhered them and DONE! True story I swear. That is why I LOVE the Build-a-Card pad, it can make creating a card as easy or complicated as you want. A variety of great patterned, pre-scored card stock that you can jazz up as much as you desire or use the ready made sentiment stickers(that are included) and be done in no time.