March 18, 2010

For Mamá

Hi everyone!
It's Karli, with a layout I created for my friend's mom.
Here it is:
It's a simple layout because I didn't want to hide the beautiful detailed background cut-out. For this layout, I used the Mother's Day Cricut Cart (a Limited Edition Solutions cart).  It has absolutely beautifully intricate images. I cut the floral background on "fit to page" using the gorgeous glittered Mimosa Papers by SEI. I LOVE SEI. They know how to design beautiful papers that make it easy to create beautiful things.
I used 3 patterned papers from the Mimosa pack, but they all flow together nicely. I cut "Mamá" at 4" and inked around the edges. I also used the Pebbles Inc. Shimmer chalks on the leaves to give it a hint of shimmer.

I cut the flower 3 times at 2" and did the pom pom flower technique---> HERE.

Thanks so much for peeking today. I hope you (and my friend) like this layout :) You can find the Mimosa Papers (as well as other gorgeous SEI paper packs) on sale at YMH store.
Gotta Go!