March 16, 2010

Paint Can Swap

I participated in a paint can swap on the Cricut Message Boards. It was supposed to be an Easter themed can swap but after communicating with my partner, I learned she'd rather have her can decorated to match the theme of her scrap room. Her choice of colors were pink, brown and black and she likes vintage items. Well, here's what I created for her:
I cut out the words "dream" "imagine" and "create" on my Cricut using the SCAL software. The flowers are all Prima and some of the flower centers are dew drops (which are on sale). I embossed the paper on the top of the can lid with my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder. The flower on top of the can is hand made except for the two flowers in the center those are from the Chelsea accents tin from Prima.
I hope my swap partner likes her can. It's traveling with the USPS some where on it's way to her right now.