February 12, 2012

All Loved Up







Yep it is that time of year once again where the stores are overflowing with chocolates and candy as well as roses of all varieties in preparation for Valentines Day.   Now whilst I have made my hubby a card for Valentines I cant very well show it here because he would see it in advance..so to throw him off track I got busy creating this cute little 'love shack' instead.  I used lots of goodies that were already in my stash but never fear you can get the Prima goodies you see from the STORE.  I used the Madeline 6x6 paper pad for the covering of the house.  I also used Distress Stain in Walnut ahead of time to darken the wood at the base of the walls. The velvet ribbon is also from Prima that was in my stash on spools.
The canvas board I asked my husband ever so sweetly to cut it to the shape I had marked out in advance...cos I am no good with power tools like his band saw (i could see me ending up missing fingers!!) I painted it using Forest Moss Folk Art paint and adhere the wooden fence with hot glue.  I used Distress Stain in Spun Sugar over the fence to add a slight tint of colour.  The alphas are from the Summer Prima release and I LOVE THEM!!  695 alphas in one packet...who would not love that!  The Prima resin lamps are from the Summer Release and I am loving those resins!  The mini pot was in my stash hidden away for such a project. I filled it with sprigs of 'berries' as well as Prima Gems and made them into a tree of sorts.  the gorgeous feathery pink flower was also from the Summer Release and I have been itching to use it on that something special...


So this is what has occupied my time this weekend... Until next Sunday -- have a fabulous week...enjoy your Valentines Day with that someone special...and dont forget that you can always point your special someone towards the STORE for some extra gifts ;)