February 5, 2012

Shadow Box Sunday

Good Afternoon everyone, it's Terri here.  I am making this a quick post today as I am swamped with other things that require my attention.  Today I am showing you a shadow box I made using lots of Prima goodies. 

I used a large canvas that I had in my stash for this project.  I painted the outside with a Pantone paint called Brown sugar. It is a lovely colour that is not too opaque and works nicely with the colour palette I chose.  I then measured and trimmed the papers to fit inside the frame as well as around the outer edges. I have inked all the edges using Tim Holtz Distress inks, first the iced spruce ink then the vintage photo ink.  I trimmed out the inside of the frame using a velvet ribbon I had in my stash.  The papers I used were leftovers from my Bo Bunny stash that I just love!! I used some Prima leaves from the summer collections as well as an antique mirror
 
Once I sealed it with acetate I placed a length of fringed ribbon on the bottom of the frame.  I placed the paper over the top of it all so that you can not see the seams.  I placed the gorgeous Prima vine and assorted leaves along the edges and lastly I inked the resin Prima bird with Distress Ink before placing him overhead.  I am so happy with how this came out, now I just need to find it a new home.

I hope you have had a wonderful weekend...but for me it is now time to dash to get a few more chores crossed off my list for the weekend.