March 4, 2012

No Place Like Home

Good evening everyone,

I am so sorry for this very late post.  I had my project all finished and all I needed to do was photograph it for blogging...and the batteries were dead in the camera .... OOPS!!!  So forgive me!

 This is a project that had been brewing in my mind all week while I was at work even to the point I was sketching on my daily planner....(the boss thought it was funny!)  So I sat down this morning and pulled out some goodies to play with from my stash.  Firstly I grabbed the amazing A Frame from a wonderful place I found online..they have the most divine chipboard...the link is in my sidebar.   I painted it using a Forest Moss folk art paint. then carefully cut the papers to fit.  I used some Graphic 45 papers from my stash for this project. Next I grabbed the Distress Paint from Ranger in Vintage Photo and painted the frame and set it aside to dry and crackle.  I sanded the edges of all the boards once they were covered in papers to get rid of any overlap of paper and to tidy the edges up nicely. Once the Distress Paint dried and crackled I used some gold liquidtex ink to 'gild' the frame nicely. I used Helmar Zap Dots to make the centre of the the picture stand up a bit more and inked all edges in Peeled Paint Distress Ink.  I used a leftover Prima Vintage Dangle from Marion Smith on the seam binding to add a little subtle bling.  I also used some Prima Bling on the top fold. I played with placement of the tags for quite some time until I was truly happy with how it all looked when finished.  The Tim Holtz Stick Pins were my life saver!

Overall I love the project and hope you do too!!   It will sit proudly on display in my new craft studio which is being built as I type....yep we are finishing the basement and next weekend is filled with painting on my new cabinets and all the walls....so please be patient if my post is late once again but working 50 hours a week plus normal everyday home life and finishing a basement this girl has to sleep sometime!

Until next week :)