March 11, 2012

Sunday In Spring!!


Today is a glorious day!! It is 60° and the sun is shining...hubby took the Harley out for a much needed wind therapy ride and I stayed home to finish a few chores before Monday rolls around again.  Today I am sharing with you a banner that my daughter asked to me make for her for her birthday.  She is 15 tomorrow and I am feeling rather old LOL!

I have used a chipboard banner that I got from HERE and I grabbed the papers from my stash.  Bek had a theme in mind and I just went with it. I adhered everything with Helmar Decoupage Glue (seriously my fave adhesive!) and then I set about painting birds and working on placement.  As most of my craft space is now in boxes waiting to be moved to their new home in my finished basement/craft studio I had the darndest time trying to find all the 'bits' I wanted to use.  Anyway, I misted the Prima Resistant Canvas using Glimmer Mist in Olive Vine,Walnut Gold and Daisy. I cut the back off a Tim Holtz button and adhered it to the panel. I then ran some Distress Ink over it to dull the bright white pearl colour off it.  The chipboard birds are painted warm white and then a liquidtex brilliant gold ink has been applied white the paint was semi wet so it has a more creamy look. The hanging birdcage was leftover from a Live With Prima kit I had in my stash.

The centre panel is focussed on a woman in a rather 'odd' position...odd suits my daughter perfectly lol so this panel is more her.  The flowers are Prima of course from leftovers from the Summer grab bags and various Live With Prima kits.

I thoroughly enjoyed making this banner for Bek...but I must say I can not wait to get everything unpacked in my new space.   It seems that all of us on the DT have been renovating our craft spaces lately and I love the inspiration everyone has given via their posts.  Today we bought some of the cabinets for my space and now I get to paint and distress them to my hearts desire over the next week or so (depending on my work schedule easing a little) so keep your eyes peeled for a post in coming weeks as I share my brand new custom built craft studio :)

Until then have a marvellous week!