April 1, 2012

The Blessings We Forget

Good Afternoon Everyone,

The weeks are slipping by ever so quickly these days and I am stunned that today finds us into April already!!  The upside to this means there is only a few weeks left until the Sweet Retreat! There are a few spots left so if you want to spend a weekend giggling and creating with some amazing women from the Prima Education Team and our own resident sweety Kristina...then pop on over and secure your spot! I personally can not wait for this retreat...relaxation time for me!
Now onto my project.  This week has seen me riddled with migraines for a few days and it was truly miserable, and my work life is driving me crazy!! I need my retirement plan to take effect like yesterday LOL!  Anyway...last night saw me calling my sister that destiny forgot to give me back in Australia.  We chatted like we have not been apart. 2 hours later I hung up Skype and was feeling rather lonely for my friend.  It is one of the things we all take for granted..spending time with those we love dearly and realizing it has been 2 years since you have seen one another :)  So this morning I sat in my craft studio and decided to actually scrap the very last photo of the two of us together.  We spent an evening at dinner with our children and her new fiance, laughing and giggling..remembering all the crazy escapades we have been on together and with our children as we watched them grow. This amazing friend has been in my life for 15 years and I am richer for knowing her.
 I have used some Sea Mist folk art paint to cover the frame, and then used Glimmer Mist in Dragonfly on a Prima Mask around the edges.  I rarely use the masks I have because I never seem to like the outcome (trust me it is the person not the product!) but today I was ok with it. I used some Pink Paislee papers that I had left over from another project a few months ago.  I inked the edges of all the paper using Tattered Rose Distress Ink and fiddled with the layers while I waited for the misting to dry off. I used a paper doily that was hidden in my stash for a little lace effect behind the photo.  The flowers and vine are Prima of course and I got those from my grab bag of clearance goodies that Kristina has on sale.

The key is from Tim Holtz Idea-ology line and I had to use the Memory one.  It was the perfect finishing touch for my frame (which has no glass in it as it would fit once I started lol) The title says it all...she is my sister by choice..and I wouldnt have it any other way!

Anyway that is from me for another week...I hope you like my frame as much as I do.  Have a fabulous week and dont forget the Sweet Retreat!!