April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter season this year :)  I spent mine surrounded by my family and enjoying every single moment.  Along with Easter this weekend we also had our April get together for the family birthdays for the month as well as a day spent revamping our poor very neglected front flower beds....but that is for another day.

Today I am sharing with you a tag I made for our niece Emily.  I made this tag for her birthday gift and I drew inspiration from a couple of different sources. The first source of inspiration was from a book my husband bought me called "Collage Couture' by Julie Nutting.  AMAZING work and inspiration especially if you love the SHE ART style of canvases.  Anyway...I found her style of making these 'girls' inspiring to say the least and I knew I had to make one for my niece as she LOVES paper crafting!  I used a craft tag and coated it in some paint I had in my stash from Pantalone.  I then set about cutting out each individual piece for her skirt from some Prima paper that was languishing in my stash as well. I used a Tim Holtz stamp as well as Distress Ink for the background stamping. Once I had her assembled on the tag I sketched her outline and added some tiny alphas for my sentiment.  Her shoes are a Glimmer Glaze (which I LOVED) I secured it with a little seam binding and VOILA one tag with a funky fresh chicky on it.

Dont forget if you want to join us on the Sweet Retreat you need to let Kristina know ASAP as final numbers have to be given to the venue this week....so if you want to have a weekend filled with laughter,crafts,Prima,Kristina and candy...jump on in NOW!