April 25, 2012

Distress Stains & Shrink Plastic

Hi eveyone, Nancy here today to share with you a fun tutorial using my Tim Holtz Distress Stains and shrink plastic.  I know when I was a child I loved playing with Shrinky Dinks.  So, when I had children I bought them some.  My youngest loves making jewelery with hers and after looking at some of her projects started thinking that I could make some cool embellishments using her plastic (shhh, don't tell her).

You will need shrink plastic (I cut some gears with a Tim Holtz for Sizzix die), a mix of distress stains, a craft sheet, and a heat gun (so much easier to use than the oven).
 Lay a mixture of colors onto your craft sheet.
 Then simply drag your shrink plastic through the stains.   You can see you end up with a mix of colors on your plastic.
And when shrunken.....
Be sure and stop back by next week where I will share another tutorial using your Distress Stains and my final project.

Until then.

Nancy
homesclscrapper.blogspot.com