April 22, 2012

The Final Countdown Is On...**warning image heavy**

For the Sweet Retreat!! I am daydreaming about escaping for a weekend with lots of crafts..but oh what to pack?!?!?!?

This week my post is something very different and very special.  About a month ago I asked the ever lovely Kristina to order me bulk amounts of the Prima roses..the minis,the cabbage roses and any others.  I didnt care on colour I just knew for the idea forming in my mind that I would need ALOT!  So when they all arrived I was in the midst of relocating my studio so they got put in a draw and the idea shelved in my mind....until this week. A customer of mine at work and his wife were expecting their second daughter to be born in April...I was a little glad she went over on her due date cos she had the baby on my birthday (which made me smile like a fool LOL!) anyway...I enrolled my handy hubby to make me a dolls cradle out of poplar so that I could get to work.  

I have painted the crib in Warm White folk art paint that I always have in my stash...I used some gorgeous Bo Bunny papers from my stash as well as hundreds of flowers and I do mean 100's!!  The bouquets are hot glued in place so they wont ever come out...well not easily! 

I will be delivering this Welcome To The World gift this week and I am sure it will be loved.  It was a long process but I enjoyed every moment of it...and I will be kind of sad to see it leave my studio...but what a perfect girly gift for a brand new baby.

That is all for now....I am not sure if I will be home in time to make a post for next weekend due to the retreat...but I will do my best to show you the goodies we make whilst there.

Have an amazing week!