July 24, 2010

Christmas in July?

Here is a mini album I made for a Christmas in July theme swap.





As much as I enjoy making the videos, sometimes the quality of the playback just doesn't show all the details of the project as well as photos.
So here are the pics of the album:

I used 3 1/2" x 5" pieces of chipboard for the album and all of the pages are covered in DCWV patterned paper from the 2009 Christmas stack. On the cover I used a Chatterbox Wood Frame that I accented with some peeled paint distress ink and Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist. I made the flower from some Prima 5 petal flowers that were actually an orange-ish copper/ brown color, but once I sprayed them with some Piece of Heart (aqua blue) Glimmer mist it made it more of a copper-y green or verdigris color. I added some chunky glitter to the petals for a frosty/snow effect.


The next page has a tag pocket that I simply covered with patterned paper. The photo mat on the next page was embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and inked up with some white ink to bring out the texture.

The wreath on the left page is a gift tag that I re-purposed as an embellishment that you could put a small photo inside. The mat on the right page was cut on my Cricut and I just inked the edges with some fired brick distress ink.
The photo mat on the left was also embossed with my Cuttlebug and then inked with white. The photo mat on the right is gold metallic paper with a simple ribbon embellishment.
The photo mat on the left was again embossed, with the Swiss dots Cuttlebug folder and I added a couple of Prima pearls to, two of the corners. The page on the right is my favorite. I covered a couple of Prima flowers in thick coating of UTEE for that "glass flower" look and then glued some rhinestones to the middles.

Here's a close up of the flower, I think it kinda resembles a poinsettia?
And finally this is the back cover page of the album. I almost forgot to mention that I bound the whole album with my Bind-it-All and some 1" O wires. I like to use the extra large wires so there is plenty of room to add thick embellishments to the pages inside.