November 28, 2010

DIY Be Merry Sign!

Happy Sunday y'all! Did you make through Thanksgiving without gaining 10lbs? I don't think I did...lol! But now that Thanksgiving has passed & we have all lived through another Black Friday to tell about it, that means Christmas is upon us! Woo-Hoo! I am soooo psyched for Christmas this year, probably since I have more time than ever before to really focus on the holiday. And since I have some more time on my hands, I figured I would whip up a little Christmas cheer with an easy to craft (you can find most of the products in the Your Memories Here Store!) sign & share it with y'all!

This little sign, believe it or not, was a mere dusty leftover cabinet door sitting in the garage until a few days ago! I simply dug it out, unscrewed the handle & hinges, and then spray painted it black everywhere but where I knew my paper would be. After it was completely dry, I Mod Podged this beautiful diecut piece of Prima paper (which I had used black ink on to distress the edges) to the board. Next, I used some Prima crystals to outline the bird & a swirl to define a branch. Then, I used some black Tattered Angels cardstock (from the Spooky Findings kit) & my Cricut to cut the phrase. I used some silver ribbon to tie on some vintage jingle bells & then hot glued some black ribbon to hang it up with. I added a vintage black button to the center of the bow & for the finishing touch, spritzed it with some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Pearl for a lovely, subtle shimmer. I just loved how it turned out!!

So, do you have some old boards or cabinets lying around your house? If so, dust them & create a simple but fun Christmas sign. It's so easy & will add the perfect touch to your holiday themed decor! And, if you create something inspired by a post here on the YMH blog, we would love to see it!!

Make sure to visit the Your Memories Here Store for all your crafty needs...right now there is a fabulous clearance sale going on plus some awesome holiday/winter themed products you'll love! You can even add some of them onto your Christmas list! Until next time, Happy Craftin'!!