April 18, 2011

Jewelry Tray with Tattered Angels

Hello! Today I have a tray that I created for my jewelry using a small wooden tray, some papers, mod podge and lot's of Tattered Angels products! All month long we are celebrating Tattered Angels products here on the blog and over at the store! There is a fabulous sale on all Tattered Angels products right now, so be sure to get your hands on some while you can! Also, a little birdie told me that there will be more Tattered Angels products posted very soon!!!

For this tray, I took an old wooden puzzle holder that was left behind from a kids puzzle that we threw away. It worked perfectly for this project.



I first sanded down the entire tray. This made it so my gesso would stick better to the wood. After it was sanded, I primed the tray with white gesso. I used two coats of the gesso. After it had dried, I sprayed Glimmer Mist in Patina and Blue Skys all over the tray and used my heat gun to dry it. One thing that is great about Glimmer Mists is how you can mix the colors together. They mix very well. 


Once I had dried the mist, I adhered patterned paper to the center of the tray and around the edges of the tray as well using Mod Podge. I then used the Mod Podge to seal the paper onto the tray. Once the adhesive had dried I used Glimmer Glaze to add a coat of glimmer to the entire tray. This tray is is full of glitz and color. The photos do not do it justice. If you see it in person you can see how much it does glimmer in the light. 


I threw on some jewelry so you can see how it looks when in use. I now have it sitting on top of my dresser. I don't have a jewelry box, so this works perfectly for holding my favorite pieces that I wear on a daily basis. 



I hope you've enjoyed my share for the day! I'll see you next week for another project with Your Memories Here and some Tattered Angels products!!!