April 4, 2011

She's such a Princess

At our house we have a princess. She thinks that she is one anyway. I'm talking about my daughter Serenity, or Renny for short. Because she loves all things girly and related to Princesses, I created this hanging for her bedroom door using products from Your Memories Here.

Every princess needs a crown of course, so using some Prima papers from the Steel Toe Mary Janes kit I cut out a crown using my scissors. I had some old chipboard crowns from a Fancy Pants kit that I had in my stash and so I traced the outline of one of the larger crowns to cut out my own. (So see, your leftover chipboard can come in handy!) 

After I cut out the crown, I used some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist to give it some glitz. 

While the crown dried I covered my square chipboard piece with more of the Steel Toe Mary Janes paper. This paper has crowns all over it. It totally worked for this project!!! Since there is some yellow in the papers, I used some pale yellow acrylic paint on the edges to frame it a bit. 


While the paint dried I added the large glimmer misted crown to the top half of the square piece. Once it was adhered firmly in place, I used my I-Rock tool to put crystals all around the entire crown. A Heidi Swapp large hanging crystal was used in the top center of the crown. 

I had a little chipboard crown left from my Fancy Pants kit, so I used the I-Rock once again on this. I completely blinged it out. Check it out below... 




American Crafts silver Thickers were used to title the hanging, "Princess Renny." I used a black Zig marker to outline each letter so that they would stand out. I kind of slipped in a few spots but I don't think anyone will care! 

The last touches to the hanging for Renny's door was to add some Prima Trim to the bottom of the hanging. After I adhered that I punched two holes in the top two corners and used some pale yellow ribbon to string it up so that it could hang on Renny's bedroom door. 

It is now on her door as you enter so that everyone knows a Princess resides in there.