April 24, 2011

Pick of the Patch...Easy Masking w/Glimmer Mists!


 Happy Easter crafty peeps! I realize it's Easter, but today I am sharing a fall LO of a day spent at the pumpkin patch. I don't always scrap 'in season' but rather what moods suit me and sometimes, you just get so tired of seeing certain colors or themes that are associated with certain holidays. So although this is a fall themed LO, I made sure to use bright summer colors to make it a little more trendy & fun!


Supplies
Letters/Date Spot/Fall Sticker - Making Memories
Punches - Stampin' Up, Martha Stewart
Adhesives - Glue Glider Pro, Aileen's Fast Grab Tacky Glue
Distress Ink (walnut stain) - Tim Holtz
Bingo Card/Chipboard Butterflies/White Mat/Pen - Stash


I love upcycling & the kraft cardstock was Prima transparency packaging in a former life. After trimming it to a 12x12 size, I laid some chipboard butterflies down & used my TA Chalkboard Glimmer Mists to spritz them. After removing them, I had the fun masking effect & then I just traced & cut a few of the same butterflies to add some more dimension. You can use any item, found or purchased, to mask with & don't be afraid to use fun things like mesh, tape, bubble packaging and more. Just try something new & fun!!


Thanks so much for stopping by & checking out my project! If you'd like some more info., feel free to hop on over to my blog HERE & visit...would love to see ya there! And don't forget that this is the last week you can get some amazing Tattered Angels products at super fab prices in the YMH Store...so chekc it out HERE! Happy Craftin'!!