May 8, 2011

Altered Rose Frame!


Happy Sunday my crafty peeps! I am back to share a super easy way to alter a frame that would either make a fab gift or add a nice touch to your favorite photo. I discovered a plain, brand new, ready to alter frame at a Goodwill store for 99 cents...yep, 99 cents compared to the the $4 bucks it is at the craft store. Woo-hoo! All other items I had on hand so not only was this project super duper cheap, it was super duper easy & turned out really cute...I just love it!! However, if you want to get this yummy paper for yourself, check out the YMH Store HERE! But not only does the YMH Store carry all things Prima, but also Tattered Angels products (such as the mist I used), Imaginisce goodies and much, much more!! Ya know, like the Cosmo Cricket yummies I love so dearly...hehehe!!

After painting the edges of the frame with some black craft paint, I Mod Podged a gorgeous piece of Prima paper to the surface. While that dried I spritzed some white silk flowers with some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Vintage Rose. I absolutely love how the flowers turned out. After the flowers & frame were dry, I hot glued the roses & some leaves to the frame. I cut some of the green wire off the flower/leaves stems, curled them around the pencil & added them with hot glue for more dimension. 


I finished off by drawing some swirls on the frame & using my Imaginisce iRock tool to adhere the pink glimmer studs. If you don't have one of these, you must get one! I absolutely love mine! I just recently got it & this was my first time using it but it was so easy & the result was fabulous. I cannot rave enough about this product! I haven't yet added a photo to the frame since I am still deciding on one. However, the mat I threw in there for now is simply the backside of the same Prima paper. So you can use 1 full size sheet of a pretty 12x12 paper & that's all you'll need!! 


Thanks so much for stopping by today....and if you want to get in on some blog candy & fun prizes, visit my blog HERE for all the info. Now through Monday I am participating in a very cool Power of Work blog hop to promote Goodwill stores nation wide so I'd love it if you visited & played/hopped along! 
Until next week, Happy Craftin'!!