June 25, 2011

American Life Saver

With so many challenges in blogland focusing on July 4th (Independence Day here is USA) I thought I would do another patriotic card. If you remember from my last WMS waltz post, I don't really send out 4th of July cards, and so I've created another card that can really be sent anytime. The sentiment was perfect for the colors as this could go to a military person, firefighter, police officer, or anyone you think of as an American hero. The card came together in under 30 (a rare thing for me, lol). The sentiment is from Verve's Sweet On You while the frame the banner and flowers are layered on is from Prima. The card base is 4.25 x 4.25 so that the flowers and sentiment can take center stage (and allow the banner to hang off of the edge). I layered some white Prima flowers on top of some red ones that reminded me of fireworks to represent the stripes and the blue Prima flower is for holding our stars. I sprayed the card base with Tattered Angles Denim Blue and then sponged the edges with some Broken China Distress Ink (as well as the ink for the sentiment and the edge of the banner). I used foam dots behind the red frame and glued the red/white flowers down with Helmar's 450 quick dry and the blue flower with some Scrapdots for some height. Your Memories Here not only has the Prima flowers and stamps, but the glues, and now Distress Inks.