June 12, 2011

A Summer Hello!

Okay, first I've got to start my post with a huge apology. It looks like last week my post didn't go live & I'm not sure what happened. I had been so very busy last week that I never even checked it, which I normally do. So now I've come to realize that since my post didn't go live last week, I need to re-post it today. I hope you accept my apologies & enjoy the card I created with y'all in mind!

I've noticed lately that doilies seem to be all the rage in the papercrafting world, along with banners too. So why not create a card featuring both trendy little subjects? That is exactly what I did this week for my Your Memories Here DT project! As you know, I love me some Cosmo Cricket so this week I decided to see what I could create with simply CC scraps. And this is what I came up with! All of the patterned paper is from the YMH Cosmo Cricket Hey Sugar Kit (there are two different versions!) that you can grab RIGHT HERE. It is chock full of goodies & I still have plenty of product left after making several projects. Definitely worth $10! The pretty little doilies I picked up at a yard sale last weekend for a quarter & I've already played with them a couple times. I decided to make the banner out of circles vs. the usual pennant style so that it blended with my doilies a little better. I also used my Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist to spritz some white flocked letters & make them match my creation. It's a simple, summery card but I love it!


Supplies
Flocked Letters - Dollar General
Cardstock - Close to My Heart
Adhesive - Glue Glider Pro, Aileen's Fast Grab Tacky Glue
Yellow Fiber/Doilies - Stash


Make sure to hop on over to the YMH Store & check out all of the fabulous kits & other products that are offered. As well, I'd love it if you stopped by & visited me at my blog HERE! Until next week, Happy Craftin'!