June 15, 2011

Inky Goodies

Hi everyone. Nancy here with a quick tutorial on using acrylic paint as a resist medium.  I am working on some tags for a swap and thought this would make a fun background.  Your Memories Here is now carrying Tim Holtz Distress Inks, and you know that just make this shabby girl's day!


For this technique you will need acrylic paint (I like to use white) and a brush,Tim Holtz Distress Inks, your stamp or stamps, paper towel and water.
To start, paint your stamp with the acrylic paint, and stamp your project.
.
Select a variety of inks to mix and blend together and begin inking your project.  (did I mention I love Distress Inks? hee hee)
Don't worry about covering over your stamped image. Continue adding color till you get the look you like.

Dampen a paper towel with water. Do not use a baby wipe as they tend to be too wet.
Gently wipe the ink off your paint, revealing your original stamped image.
Embellish as desired.  I used some gorgeous Prima paper, bling, and lace trim, a bit of seem binding dyed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and for sparkle, Stickles, (did I mention that the YMH store now carries Stickles as well?)
I am not quite sure these are done.  I may have to live with them for a day or so before I decide.  But really wanted to share.

Thanks for dropping by.

Nancy