June 12, 2011

A Day Late

but hopefully not a dollar short. Here's my latest project using some favs from Your Memories Here. I had so much fun with this little bag and I think it might still be a work in progress kind of thing. Most of these supplies can be found at Your Memories Here. I have been very intrigued with all of these art journals I've been seeing lately and have been wanting to try my hand at one. However, the thought of creating going that far out of my comfort zone is still trumpting my wanting to work on one, so I thought I would do the next best thing: a canvas project. I took a small Donna Downey canvas bag and went to town. The first thing I did was pray the bag with Tattered Angles's Glimmer Mist in Patina, Key Lime, and Purple Pansy. Once done I sprayed some Scotch Guard to help seal in the colors so they don't run if it gets wet. Before I took my copics and created some doodles I ironed on the flocked saying from Donna Downey. My flowers are Prima and the large one I sprayed with both TA's Patina and Purple Pansy. I replaced the pearl center with a white one to work with the over touches of white. I layered a sprayed a hydrangea flower in Patina and layered it on a white flower that was coated in TA's Glitter Glam Chandelier (also coated the doddled button in the same GG). To finish off the little bag I used lots of Prima's Say it in Crystals that I cut apart. I glued everything down using Helmar's 450 quick dry.