April 9, 2013

Spring Time Configurations Box

Hello friends! I hope you are all doing well this fine Tuesday morning. I am in a great mood because the weather has been beautiful! Spring has definitely sprung around here and it is inspiring! To celebrate Spring I used some products from the Your Memories Here store to create this lovely Configurations Shadow Box. 

I adore the Tim Holtz Configurations boxes so much. They can be used as shadow boxes with various compartments, a canvas, or like I did, where they are a partial shadow box and partial canvas. 


I treated each individual box as it's own canvas or shadow box. I wanted the colors to flow, so all of the patterned papers used were from the same collection. I used various acrylic paints, shimmer paints, mists and modeling paste to color on the boxes. Afterwards I used stamps for texture. The flowers used are some of the Prima Wood Icons in a Box. They are super fun to play with. I used mists and paint to color them, then stamped on them as well. If you don't want them colored, you can leave them natural, which is super cute as well. :) 

The papers I used on the box are by Glitz... this particular pack is not in the store, but any of the packs available in the store would look super cute used on one of these boxes! 

Here are some close ups of the box...

If you are interested in any of the products I used for this Springy Box, please click on any of their images below to take you to them in the store. :) 


Thank you so much for stopping by today! If it's beautiful out where you live, go out and enjoy it!! 

Take care! See you soon!