April 23, 2013

The Caterpillar became a Butterfly

Hi everyone! Emily here today with a canvas to share with you that I made using these awesome Prima Wood Icons in a Box that you can find in the Your Memories Here Store. 

I should apologize for the delay in this post. I was having some problems uploading photos from my camera for some reason... I finally got the glitch worked out... so here we go... 


This was a super simple canvas to make. I used some shimmery paint along with bubble wrap on the top and bottom of the canvas in the blues and greens for the sky and grass. After I dried it, I used some Distress Stains in Broken China, Brushed Sage and Crushed Olive over them. It created a slight marbled effect. 

I colored all of the various wood icons with paints, mists and inks. Helmar 450 Quick Dry was used to adhere them to the canvas. 

Here are some close ups... 


And before I say goodbye, the products from the store that I used on today's canvas. Click on any of the images to take you to the product in the store. :) 






Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great evening!!