May 7, 2013

Thinking of You

Good morning friends! I hope you are all doing well today. All is going well in my world... we have been pretty busy this month, so I've not had as much time for crafting lately. I did find time to make this card last week to share with you today using some flowers from the Summer CHA 2012 Grab Bag from the Your Memories Here Store. 

Using some shimmery paint and Broken China Distress Stain, I created a marbled look for the background of the card. I adhered it using some Helmar Decoupage and the sentiment added using Zapdots.  The YMH Store carries a lot of the Helmar adhesives, which are some of my favorites. 


I love the shimmer of the marbled background. It's very pretty. After the background was adhered, I added the ribbon, flowers, sentiment and then the jewels. 

Below are some close ups of the card.... 


This will definitely be a card I will send to our family in Ohio. Although emails and ecards are really popular these days, there is still nothing like sending a real home made card to those you care about. To me it will never grow old. So send a card out to someone once in a while. Make someone smile. :) 

I hope you have a wonderful day!