January 29, 2010

Happy Sleeper Layout

Happy Friday everyone!! Samantha here, bringing you another puppy layout :O)

I created this layout for Your Memories Here using some great little Prima flowers.

My layout today was made mostly with the help of my Cricut Expression. I used the new Mother's Day cartridge for the orange flowers and journaling shape. Then I used the Accent Essentials cartridge to cut out all the circle shapes. DON'T FORGET, YMH has the mini cartridges on sale through Feb 2nd!!!


One of the cool features on the Cricut Expression and Cricut Create is the Center Point feature. With this feature, I cut my photo into a circle!!


To use the Center Point feature:
Load your mat with paper/photo
Press Center Point so it is lit up
Press the buttons to get the shape you want and adjust the size as needed
Move your blade to the center of where you want to cut (for my photo, I lined up the blade right at Emma's cute little nose!)
Press Cut

Wherever you had the blade set before you hit Cut will now be the center of your die cut shape!!


Have a great weekend!

Happy Crafting,