January 4, 2010

Winter Themed Album

Here's my entry for the winter themed contest :) *just kidding, I'm not eligible. But I still wanted to share some of my ideas with you.
I made this shape album out of chipboard that I cut on my Cricut (with the deep cut blade and housing) and then covered with some non-traditional colored Christmas patterned paper. It is just under 6"x6" so that I could get 4 cuts out of one sheet of 12"x12" paper. I have the SVG file for it to share with you too.
I used my Bind-it-All to bind it and then decorated the wires with various ribbons.

The cover isn't finished yet, cuz I'm not sure what I want to put on it yet.

I used my Cricut for all the cuts, some are from cartridges (the snowflakes are from "when it's cold outside winter mini 09) and some are from SCAL. I glittered up the snowflake with stickles and stamped the snowflakes on the photo mat with the Imaginsce "believe" stamp (there's a snow flake in the set) There's also a lot of stickles on the second page.

The snowflake on this page is also from the winter mini cartridge and the mat is SCAL which I embossed with the Cuttlebug D'vine swirls folder. That cute little snow man is from the Doodle Charms cartridge and I added a little bit of frosted stickles to him to make him look a little shimmery.
The ornament adorning this photo mat is from the Christmas Cheer cartridge that I cut first with black out (patterned paper) then in shadow. The photo mat on the opposite page is a Sizzix frame (I can't believe I still have a use for those!)

More SCAL cuts on these pages along with a tree cut from the Christmas Cheer cartridge using the rounded square feature. I blinged up both pages with some adhesive pearls and stickles.

More SCAL cuts again on this page and on the opposite page I embossed the photo mat with the Cuttlebug Swiss dots folder, then I rubbed a little ink over top the dot to bring them out more. The "jingle all the way" is a stamp and I added some silver embossing powder to the bells. The pink frame was a gift (I got a whole set of them from a friend, thanks Steph)

The back cover, nothing exciting here. Just some patterned paper and a ribbon strip.
Here's that SVG file for the album I promised you.
I need to make a correction, it is NOT an SVG file but actually an scut. Sorry about the mixup. If anyone needs it to be an SVG I will try and make one for you.