January 9, 2010

Too Much Purple?


I think I may have gotten a little out of control with the purple on this card. It started with the background, a piece of card stock I had been playing around with testing out my homemade glimmer mist. I embossed it with my Cuttlebug D'vine swirls folder. Then I had some extra top notes cut from the winter album I had just made earlier this week. I embossed those too, this time with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder. I stamped the smaller one on the reverse side and then clear embossed it (I just love the way it makes it look "slick")
I layered it on the other one with some pop dots for more dimension. The purple swirly ribbon was from my stash and I thought it complemented the swirl embossed background.
The ribbon bow is made up of a few fibers and ribbons gathered together. I made the hat pin/stick pin (whatever you call 'em) a while ago and have been dying to use one somewhere on a project :)