February 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Blocks


Here is the birthday card I made for my hubby (yesterday was his 34th birthday). He's a no frills kind of guy so I kept it clean and simple (but oh how I wanted to add Stickles and flowers) This is a 6"x6" card and the little rounded squares are 1- 3/4" cut on my Cricut with George and basic shapes. I stamped each square with the Imaginisce "Piece of Cake" stamps (there are 3 designs in this set. The middle square is from another set that i threw in to change it up a bit. I inked all the edges with the same color as what I had stamped to help them "pop" of the background. I "borrowed" Karli's idea and added a button to the center of each circular "happy birthday" stamp. I lucked out and just happened to have buttons to match each color , cuz the buttons were an after thought ;)
Hope you have a great week end and don't forget to enter your scrapbook page in the February Share Your Memories Here contest. Today is the last day to link up!