July 16, 2013

A Happy Mixed Media Canvas using Glitz Design


Hello everyone! Today I have a canvas to share that I made using the Cashmere Dame paper pack by Glitz Design, as well as a couple of other items from Your Memories Here. 

The background of this canvas was quickly created by adhering four different pieces of paper from the pack to my canvas and going over it with a light coat of white paint to give it a more washed out look. I painted the sides and edges in yellow for contrast and added a light pink towards the inside edges and in various spots inside the canvas. 


I hand cut flowers out of other patterned papers from the pad and went over them using some Pitt pens and paint. The centers of the flowers are Prima Wood Icon Flowers that I colored black using an ink pad. Book tape was used to create the stems. I colored it using some mists, and added some doodles and rubons for more texture. 



I used the Prima lattice stencil for the blue stenciled portions on the top right corner and on the left side of the canvas using modeling paste that I painted over with some light blue paint. 


The canvas was originally a canvas I had messed up on. I hated the original background and even though I covered it back up with gesso, it never really looked right. Covering it with the Glitz papers fixed the problem. The sides were originally a lighter shade of yellow, so I made them darker to match my new papers. This project shows that you can take your mistakes and turn them into something you are happy with. Overall, this canvas doesn't use a lot of products, but it looks good in all it's simplicity. 

I hope you have enjoyed it! Have a wonderful day!