July 2, 2013

Decorative Bottle using Glitz Design and Prima

Hello friends! I hope everything is going well with you! The weather here has been gorgeous temperature wise and we have had some rain, so everything is nice and green outside, as you can see in the pictures I took of my project. :) 

For today's project, I used some Glitz Design Yours Truly papers from the 6x6 pack in the store. I salvaged this bottle from my workplace along with a couple more so that I could make some more little decorations for the house. I used the chevron papers around the top of the bottle, as well as around the center of the bottle. 


The flower is from one of the Prima Flower Grab Bags. I added some shimmery paint and mist to it because it wasn't exactly the shade of blue that I wanted. I was looking for a bit darker to match the paper I used on the tag attached to the bottle at the top.  I used Vintage Photo Distress Stain on the edges of all my papers and the tag to draw them together. In making this bottle, I realized that I must have had Independence Day on the brain because the colors I chose were red, white and blue! More of a rustic Independence Day look, but it works! 

See the sand in the upper right photo? That's what I am using the bottle for. The sand is from our first trip to Lake Erie in Ohio with my fiance's parents. I have never seen the ocean, and at that time the largest body of water I had seen was the Mississippi River. I was so excited that I scooped up sand, shells and rocks from the beach and they were in a Zip Lock baggie until I decorated this bottle. I plan on picking up some more to finish filling it the next time we go to the beach. :) 

I hope my decorative bottle has given you some inspiration! Have a fun and save 4th of July if you celebrate! Be sure to pick up these awesome products used today over at  Your Memories Here