July 13, 2013

Memories of flying

Hi fellow crafters!! I am sharing with you today a very special postcard using a vintage/steampunk theme to create a fun, memorable way to recall my first flight on an airplane. Yep, I finally got to mark that one off my bucket list at age 45. You see, I've always lived and grown up in my home town of Florida and never had the money growing up as a kid to fly on a plane let alone, having a reason to as all our family members have been in the area. That said, I made it a goal to someday take a flight somewhere. I'm happy to say too, it was worth every penny. Not to mention the unforgettable thrill and the fun that was had on the other end, getting to attend the Sweet Retreat with some fabulous known and new friends! It was exhilarating! and I wanted to capture that somehow. Well, with wonderful crafty treasures purchased from Your Memories Here and Prima, it was a breeze! Here I am using mostly embellishments from the Craftsman goody bag a long with some Prima packaging that I hang on to (an invaluable resource IMHO!). a Prima mask to add some layers and some wonderful Faber Castell gelatos to add some color and dimension! I hope you like it as much as I do and I encourage to visit Kristina today to check out all the latest new releases as well as some oldies but, goodies! Thank you for joining me today and letting me share with you one of the highlights of my life. :P Have a great week!!