July 30, 2013

Mini Canvas with Gelato Background

Good morning! Today I have a mini canvas to share with you that has a beautiful background I created using Faber-Castell Metallic Gelatos in Violet, Blue and Teal, which I got from Your Memories Here

If you haven't used Gelatos before, you really need to try them! They are so much fun!

Here is what I did...


Making the background was super simple. I didn't even prime my canvas since it was purchased primed. I scribbled the Gelatos in the three colors in angled stripes of varying sizes over the canvas and then used a paintbrush that had been dipped in water to blend the colors together. It makes me think of the sky! 


I embossed the doily stamp in black embossing powder and then added the sentiment. I made a mist using my Teal Gelato to spray over the sentiment after it was adhered. 


The flower is actually two flowers from two different Prima flower packages that I received in my Prima Flower Grab Bag from YMH.  You get five different packages! There are still some of these Grab Bags available in the store! Be sure to get one soon!! 


Hope you've enjoyed my little canvas! See you next week!! Have a great day!